LighthouseNOW Online Services are made available to you by the Lighthouse Publishing Limited, 353 York Street, Bridgewater, B4V 3K2.
1. "LighthouseNOW Online Service(s)" are any LighthouseNOW.ca or other LighthouseNOW-authorised internet services, websites, products and/or software applications that enable you to access, view and/or listen to LighthouseNOW Content on compatible devices and are identified as "LighthouseNOW Online Services" in Additional Terms. LighthouseNOW Online Services include the website at lighthousenow.ca, App, and LighthouseNOW RSS Feeds. "LighthouseNOW Content" means audio, video, text, images or other content made available by the LighthouseNOW to you through LighthouseNOW Online Services and may sometimes include content which is owned or controlled by third parties which LighthouseNOW is permitted to make available to you through the relevant LighthouseNOW Online Service.
2. Availability of LighthouseNOW Content
LighthouseNOW Content is selected, edited, updated and made available to you by LighthouseNOW through LighthouseNOW Online Services at its sole discretion. The period of time during which you may access, view and/or listen to LighthouseNOW Content using LighthouseNOW Online Services depends on the length of your paid subscription.
3. MEMBERSHIP & SUBSCRIPTIONS
3.1 You must be both a member of the LighthouseNOW.ca website (free) and a paid subscriber to either the hardcopy (LighthouseNOW Progress Bulletin) or online news service in order to view the news content in this free app.
3.2 By subscribing to become a member of LighthouseNOW you will be consenting to receive daily alerts by email. You will have the ability to turn this off. By subscribing to our paper or online access to news you will be consenting to a recurring payment and will be charged automatically for the next period. You can cancel this via your members area at any time.
4. LighthouseNOW Editorial Control of LighthouseNOW Content
You acknowledge that the LighthouseNOW has absolute editorial control over all LighthouseNOW Content at all times.
5. How can I use LighthouseNOW Online Services?
• 5.2 How you may NOT use LighthouseNOW Online Services
• 5.2.3 General restrictions on how you may use LighthouseNOW Online Services to access, read, view and/or listen to LighthouseNOW Content
• (a) You may not infringe or try to infringe the privacy or other rights of other LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services users. This includes you storing or trying to store personal data or usage details of other LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services users.
• (b) You may not infringe any applicable law (for instance copyright law) when using LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services to access, read, view or listen to LIGHTHOUSENOW Content.
• (c) You may not subject the LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services and/or the LIGHTHOUSENOW Content to any derogatory treatment or use them in such a way that would bring the LIGHTHOUSENOW into disrepute, or cause the LIGHTHOUSENOW to incur liability to any third party.
• (d) You agree to use LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services and access, download, view and/or listen to LIGHTHOUSENOW Content as supplied to you by the LIGHTHOUSENOW and you may not, and you may not assist anyone to, or attempt to, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, adapt, modify, copy, reproduce, lend, hire, rent, perform, sub-license, make available to the public, create derivative works from, print, broadcast, distribute, commercially exploit, transmit or otherwise use in any way LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services and/or LIGHTHOUSENOW Content in whole or relevant Additional Terms and at law.
• (e) You may not directly or indirectly charge others for accessing, viewing or listening to any LIGHTHOUSENOW Content, or commercialize or attempt to re-sell the LIGHTHOUSENOW Content in any way, which includes advertising or selling any goods and services which offer LIGHTHOUSENOW Content including any third party software applications.
• (f) You may not directly or indirectly suggest any endorsement or approval by the LIGHTHOUSENOW of a product or service (for instance, a personal website) or any non-LIGHTHOUSENOW entity, product or content or any belief or opinion expressed within a product or service.
• (g) You may not disrupt or try to disrupt LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services. You agree not to use LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services to distribute software viruses or other harmful programs, or use LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services to engage in harmful, harassing or otherwise objectionable activity, including activity inhibiting access to LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services by others.
• (h) You may not harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any other person using LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services or transmit obscene or offensive content or disrupt the normal flow of dialogue within LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services.
• (i) Additional Terms for particular LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services may allow you to share/display the LIGHTHOUSENOW Content on your facebook page, website, blog or other product or service, but you may not display LIGHTHOUSENOW Content where it is on or in connection with Excluded Products or Services, namely products or services which:
• contain pornography and sexually explicit content;
• contain offensive text or images;
• incite hatred whether based on race, religion, gender, sexuality or otherwise, or promote, encourage or facilitate anti-social behaviour;
• contain gratuitous violence or promote, encourage or facilitate violence;
• promote, encourage or facilitate terrorism or other activities that risk national security;
• discriminate against any specific social group or otherwise exploit vulnerable sections of society;
• promote, facilitate or encourage illegal activity;
• are misleading, defamatory, or that contain illegal, or otherwise actionable content under Canadian law;
• put the welfare of children at risk;
• This list is not exhaustive and may be amended by the LIGHTHOUSENOW from time to time (collectively referred to as "Excluded Products or Services").
6. Who owns or has rights in LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services and LIGHTHOUSENOW Content?
6.1 Rights in LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services and LIGHTHOUSENOW Content
All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services and LIGHTHOUSENOW Content belong to the LIGHTHOUSENOW and/or third parties (which may include you or other users). The LIGHTHOUSENOW reserves all of its rights in LIGHTHOUSENOW Content and LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services. Nothing in the Terms grants you a right or licence to use any trade mark, design right or copyright owned or controlled by the LIGHTHOUSENOW or any other third party.
6.2 Digital Rights Management
So that the LIGHTHOUSENOW can meet its obligations to third parties who own rights in LIGHTHOUSENOW Content, the LIGHTHOUSENOW may embed digital rights management security in LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services or LIGHTHOUSENOW Content and/or use other content-protection measures. You may not adjust or circumvent or try to adjust or circumvent these technical measures.
7. How can I make contributions to the LIGHTHOUSENOW?
7.2 If you submit your contribution to the LIGHTHOUSENOW you must allow the LIGHTHOUSENOW to use the material in your contribution in any way it may reasonably choose on a free-of-charge basis in any media throughout the world. Any contributions you make may be moderated by the LIGHTHOUSENOW which means they may be reviewed, edited and/or removed. The LIGHTHOUSENOW reserves the right to remove any of your contributions if the LIGHTHOUSENOW believes that they do not comply with the Terms.
7.3 You grant the LIGHTHOUSENOW the right to change or edit the materials in your contribution for operational and editorial reasons. The LIGHTHOUSENOW may also share your contribution with trusted third parties, for instance with other users of LIGHTHOUSENOW Online Services.
7.4 Any copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material you contribute in any way including allowing others to use it.
7.5 You confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory or unlawful and does not infringe anyone else's rights (including privacy rights) and that it complies with the Terms. You also confirm that your contribution is made in your personal (rather than business) capacity and that such contribution does not unfairly promote or further any business activities and has not been contributed for commercial gain. You also confirm that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16.
7.6 We normally show your name with your contribution, unless you request otherwise, but for operational reasons this is not always be possible.
7.7 The LIGHTHOUSENOW may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects.
7.8 Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating any content you may share with the LIGHTHOUSENOW.
7.9 As part of your contribution, the LIGHTHOUSENOW may ask you to provide some personal information. Disclosure of this information shall be subject to terms set out in the LIGHTHOUSENOW's Privacy and Cookies Policy. The LIGHTHOUSENOW will keep your personal information secure and will only use it for the purposes specified in the Privacy and Cookies Policy. All personal information held by the LIGHTHOUSENOW will be held in accordance with the terms of applicable data protection laws.
7.10 If you do not want to grant the LIGHTHOUSENOW permission to use your contributions in accordance with the Terms, please do not share with or submit them to LighthouseNOW.ca